Wednesday, 2 August 2017

// // Leave a Comment

What is search engine optimization (SEO)?

According to Wikipedia, SEO is “the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s unpaid results”.
To understand what SEO really means, read below:

  •     Quality of traffic: You can attract all the visitors in the world, but if they're coming to your site because Google tells them you're a resource for Digital marketing when really you're a computer shop selling hardware, that is not quality traffic.
  •     Quantity of traffic: Once you have the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages (SERPs), more traffic is better.
  •     Organic results: Ads make up a significant portion of many SERPs. Organic traffic is any traffic that you don't have to pay for.
Organic search traffic is specifically any unpaid traffic that comes from Search Engine result page.

How SEO works

You might think of a search engine as a website you visit to type (or speak) a question into a box and Google, Yahoo!, Bing, or whatever search engine you're using magically replies with a long list of links to webpages that could potentially answer your question.

That's true. But have you ever stopped to consider what's behind those magical lists of links?

Here's how it works: Google (or any search engine you're using) has a crawler that goes out and gathers information about all the content they can find on the Internet. The crawlers bring all those 1s and 0s back to the search engine to build an index. That index is then fed through an algorithm that tries to match all that data with your query.

Facts about SEO

If you are new to SEO, here are some relevant facts that will help you better understand what it is all about.

Off-Page and On-Page SEO

SEO is categorized into two domains, Off-Page and On-Page SEO. Off-Page SEO focuses on improving the domain authority of a website by getting links from other authority sites. On-Page SEO, on the other hand, focuses on optimizing the contents and elements of a site to improve its search result ranking.
SEO for Google
Most websites are optimized with the goal of ranking high in Google search results. This is because Google owns 70% of the online search market. Very few pay interest to other search engines.
“Organic” Results vs. “Paid” Results
Only 20% of users pay attention to paid results or ads. The other 80% are more interested in “organic” results. That is why SEO is designed to help a business rank on organic searches.
Essence of Page Title
Next to content, the page title is the 2nd most important element of a website. Page titles are shown in search results pages together with their meta descriptions. People are said to spend a second of their time on a page title. That one second is precious so creating an interesting and relevant page title is so important in On-Page SEO.
The Power of SERP’s 1st Page
It has been reported that more than 70% of users never look past the 1st page of search results pages. That is why it is important to get a SERP ranking position that will land your site on the 1st page.
White Hat vs. Black Hat SEO
There are two different ways to practice SEO, white hat and black hat. White Hat SEO pertains to the right practices while Black Hat SEO is the opposite. The tight competition for the top spot of SERP ranking drove many people to use black hat SEO even with the risk of getting penalized when caught.
SEO is important in gaining traffic and second, it is a crucial factor in determining where you will land on search result rankings. Anyways if you are looking a SEO Company in Lucknow for SEO Services. As a Digital Marketing or SEO Expert we have helped people to GET website on top of the serach engine. for other detail visit website: http://justklicks.com/ and if any queries about call at +91 8181000018

0 comments:

Post a Comment